About the Awards
The Public Media Awards presented by NETA honor our member's work in the highest caliber content, education, marketing, and engagement. A mosaic of relevant content that reflects both creativity and diversity that paint rich stories of truth and consequence. Piece by piece and member by member, we come together as choreographers of the public good, to spark more imagination, and inspiration than we ever could have alone.
PMA55 applications are open through Monday, July 17. The early bird discount is available through Friday, July 7.
PMA55 Award Categories
The winners for the 55th Public Media Awards will be announced at the 2023 conference on Sunday, September 10.
Check out the PMA54 Winners
The PMA54 winners were announced at the 54th Public Media Awards Gala on September 18, 2022.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Tim Eernisse at 803.978.1597.
$80 per early bird entry: June 1 - July 7, 2023
VISA or MasterCard accepted.
- No checks or purchase orders
- No refunds
- Entries can be withdrawn from the competition, but the entry fee will not be refunded
For entries of six (6) or more, stations will receive a 10% discount on fees for those entries. All entries must be entered by the same individual to qualify for the discount.
To be eligible you must be a NETA Member*. Entries must have been created, produced, published or broadcast between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
- Unlimited number of entries for eligible projects
- Eligible projects may be entered into multiple categories
- Any number of entries in any category may be submitted
- *Independent producers may enter into the "Independent Production" categories ONLY
Award applications are open through Monday, July 17, with an early bird discount through Friday, July 7.
Finalists will be notified via station General Managers and winners will be announced to the public on September 10.
Here's what to include with each of your Public Media Award entries
- Entry Name
- A short narrative about your entry (500 words or less)
- Did you measure reach or impact?
- Share your reach or impact results
- Station name/call letters
- Air date/event date
- Team information
- Attachments relevant to your project or measured impact