About the Awards
The Public Media Awards presented by NETA honor our member's work in the highest caliber programming, education, marketing and engagement. A mosaic of relevant content that reflects both creativity and diversity that paint rich stories of truth and consequence. Piece by piece and member by member, we come together as choreographers of the public good, to spark more imagination and inspiration than we ever could have alone.
The winners were announced at the 54th Annual Public Media Awards Gala on September 18, 2022.
$80 per entry. Entries closed August 12.
VISA or MasterCard accepted.
- No checks or purchase orders
- No refunds
- Entries can be withdrawn from the competition, but the entry fee will not be refunded
For entries of six (6) or more, stations will receive a 10% discount on fees for those entries. All entries must be entered by the same individual to qualify for the discount.
To be eligible you must be a NETA Member*. Entries must have been created, produced, published or broadcast between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
- Unlimited number of entries for eligible projects
- Eligible projects may be entered into multiple categories
- Any number of entries in any category may be submitted
- *Independent producers may enter into the "Independent Production" categories ONLY
Award applications closed August 12, 2022.
Finalists will be notified via station General Managers and winners will be announced to the public on September 18.
Here's what to include with each of your Public Media Award entries
- Entry Name
- A short narrative about your entry (500 words or less)
- Did you measure reach or impact?
- Share your reach or impact results
- Station name/call letters
- Airdate/event date
- Team information
- Attachments relevant to your project or measured impact