About the Awards
The Public Media Awards presented by NETA honor our member's work in the highest caliber programming, education, marketing and engagement. A mosaic of relevant content that reflects both creativity and diversity that paint rich stories of truth and consequence. Piece by piece and member by member, we come together as choreographers of the public good, to spark more imagination and inspiration than we ever could have alone.
Join us at the 2022 annual NETA Conference when we celebrate the finest work in public media.
Mark your calendars!
- $60 Early bird registration: Closes August 31
- $80 Regular registration: September 1 – September 17
- Eligibility period: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
- Division 1 – Stations with NFFS over $4M*
- Division 2 – Stations with NFFS under $4M*
*Station size based on FY2019 SABS report
The awards will be presented in January 2022 during the annual NETA Conference and CPB Public Media Thought Leader Forum.
$60 per early bird entry: July 12 – August 20
$80 per entry: August 21 – September 17
VISA or MasterCard accepted.
- No checks or purchase orders permitted.
- No refunds issued for any reason.
- You may withdraw your entry from the competition, but your entry fee will not be refunded
- Entry deadline: September 17, 2021 at midnight Hawaii Standard Time.
To be eligible you must be a NETA Member. Entries must have been created, produced, published or broadcast between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- You may enter as many eligible projects as you want
- You may enter the same project in multiple categories
- Any number of entries in any category may be submitted
- Independent producers may enter into the "Independent Production" categories ONLY
Here's what to include with each of your Public Media Award entries
- Entry Name
- A short narrative about your entry (500 words or less)
- Did you measure reach or impact?
- Share your reach or impact results
- Station name/call letters
- Airdate/event date
- Team information
- Attachments relevant to your project or measured impact